Glass Mantel Clock
You can’t go wrong with a Carriage Clock in your home. Originally designed and made in the 1900s, this mahogany & glass carriage clock offers a unique design, with its clean mechanisms contained and on display throughout the open glass door. With its classic styling and rich mahogany finish, this carriage clock will add elegance to any room in your house.
Looking at this popular glass carriage clock in further detail, we can see the face of the clock which offers large bold roman numeral time display, sitting upon a metallic base. By further examination of the face we can tell, whilst this clock is inspired by French carriage clocks, in their style and display, it was created in Liverpool and signed by Rob Jones & Sons.
Whilst the clock makers are not as well known as others, they have produced many similar clocks which offer 4 panel glass designs, accompanied by the finest mahogany, with wonderful grain to the wood which offers a clean almost polished -like finish. The wood has aged beautifully, and the dial shows signs of wear but is still in good condition, like most great antique furniture pieces.
Set up and constructions are sent out with all clocks, Please note that all mechanical clocks require balancing and setting up on arrival all of our clocks work perfectly and there is no chance of damage through the postal system as we are expert packers and we use a high and delivery service
What Antiques Are Selling In 2022?
- Vintage Clothing- A new trend in clothing that is making a fearless comeback is the glamourous style that existed in the 1980’s- 2000’s. This includes items such as fur coats, sweater dresses, bike shorts, plaid jumpers, flare jeans etc. Also, a new style category has been created that is inspired by clothing from the 200’s, now known as the Y2K style.
- Antique Rolex Watches- Models that were made as early as 50 years ago are now becoming increasingly popular. People are more drawn to the unique features that accompany the vintage style. For example, the faded dials on a Rolex watch are desired as modern Rolexes are designed to not suffer from this kind of wear.
- Antique Toys- Surprisingly, this year, vintage board games have become increasingly popular. Also, popular action figures that existed in the 70s/80s have recently started selling again such as; teenage mutant ninja turtles, G.I Joe, Megatron Gun, Michael Jackson Superstar Doll etc.
- Chinese Silver- Another popular collectable that has been growing in the marketplace is antique items that were crafted out of Chinese silver. The traditional motifs engraved on the silver and specific detailing has made this a sought after antique.
What Antiques Are Worth Money?
The best way to find out if your antique is worth any money is to ask a professional to value your item. However, here are some common antiques you may have in your household that might be worth a significant amount of money:
- China Sets
- Rare Coins
- Vintage Furniture ( chairs, tables, vases, cabinets etc).
- Antique Jewellery (Family heirlooms)
- Vinyl Records
- Trading Cards
- Dolls and Toys
How To Research Antiques Online
The best way to research antiques online that are genuine and reliable is to go on websites that have exceptional reviews and one where you can see pictures of the antique items clearly with full product descriptions as you want to be absolutely sure that the antique you purchase is authentic and genuine.